The 2020 Betty Richardson awards were held on Tuesday night at the Creekside Hotel in Warracknabeal.
The Betty Richardson awards were first held in 2015 in honour of former Rural Northwest Nurse Betty Richardson.
Betty Richardson loved nursing. She loved looking after people and loved the camaraderie she enjoyed with her colleagues.
Betty’s name is revered throughout the nursing fraternity of Rural Northwest Health and more broadly across the Wimmera. She epitomises the ideal of what we all grew up to believe to be a nurse.
Whilst traditionally the Betty Richardson awards recognises a single winner, the 2020 awards have been structured a little differently. Team members were asked to nominate a fellow colleague from their work zone who has consistently demonstrated the following characteristics that Betty was so well known for:
- Is consumer focus and passionate about caring for the consumer
- Is a genuine team player – goes the extra mile to help others, supports the team to achieve their goal and is kind to fellow team members.
- Is flexible, adaptable, reliable, pragmatic and has a ‘get on with it’ attitude.
- Is a humble, quiet achiever.
- Has a sense of humour and lifts the spirit of others in the team.
This year we announced winners in the following work zones