- urgent/acute care;
- residential aged care,
- Optional 12 week rotation to Ballarat Base Hospital.
- Graduates will have regular contact with dedicated full-time Graduate Support Nurses.
- Supernumerary days are provided for each rotation and more can be negotiated if required
- Generous number of Study days offered throughout the year
- One on one mentoring sessions
Acute Care Skills: Venepuncture and blood pathology collection, stoma care, IDC insertion, complex wound care, blood product administration and other IV therapies, recognising clinical deterioration, nursing management of diabetes, oxygen therapy, nasogastric/PEG feeds, pain assessment and management, Clinical documentation and communication, management of sepsis, 12 lead ECG, safe medication management
Extension skills for RN graduates:
- Central venous device competency
- Intravenous cannulation competency
- Triage nursing and emergency care
- Advanced Life Support