This has been a challenging period for everyone. You have gotten this far, so reward yourself!
1) Feeding yourself good, nutritious food will fuel your body for another day. Serotonin, your bodies happy chemicals are produced by your gut. Aim for core foods, such as grains, legumes, vegetables and fruit.
2) Connect with nature. Just being in nature has positive effects on your mind and body.
If you want to take this a step further, slow down and watch the birds, sunset or sky. Focus on listening to the different sounds. Identify each sound and move to the next. Feel the breeze on your skin, the ground under your feet. You can also focus on your breathing and close your eyes.
This is the first steps of practising mindfulness and meditation – https://www.headspace.com/mindfulness
3) No matter your ability, a gentle walk, run or gardening for an hour can release Serotonin, your happy chemicals. Exercise also helps transport your immunity cells, and can protect you from coming down with things like the flu.
4) Connect with a friend, neighbour or colleague. Simply being in someone else’s company, over the phone, video chat or on a walk, can help us feel connected.
5) Focus on the small things that make your day brighter. Getting the dream job, partner, or house won’t necessarily make you happy. Focus on the things that make you smile in your day; like how your child looks up at you, how the sun creates rainbows in the sky, or the rain pattering on the roof.
These add up and can make our days brighter.