Do you know what a Dietitian does? Many people are still confused about why they could benefit from seeing a Dietitian. For example, many people believe you only see a Dietitian if you have diabetes, or have high cholesterol, or want to lose weight. But Dietitians do SO MUCH MORE than that!
Here are some medical conditions and situations where you may want to and would benefit from seeing a Dietitian:
- Digestive complaints, including excessive gas, bloating, diarrhoea, constipation, stomach aches, reflux, and food intolerance.
- You’ve lost weight without trying, become frail, or lost your appetite / have a poor appetite.
- Low energy levels
- Coeliac disease, diverticular disease, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, and liver disease
- Have cancer which is affecting your eating or causing you to lose weight
- You have wounds that aren’t healing well
- Having trouble chewing or swallowing (a Speech Pathologist can help you with this, too)
- You have a nutrient deficiency such as iron deficiency
- Kidney failure, particularly if you have dialysis
- You have concerns about your weight
- You’re dealing with thoughts or actions of disordered eating, or an eating disorder
- You want to improve your relationship with food and/or your body
- Diabetes, polycystic ovarian syndrome
- High cholesterol, high blood pressure
- You’re pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Fussy eating or having difficulty feeding your child
- You want to learn how to fuel your physical activity or sport
- Or you may simply have questions about food & nutrition!
If you’d like to book in to see the Dietitian at Rural Northwest Health, please contact our Intake on Ph: 5398 1238.