Rural Northwest Health, with campuses in Warracknabeal, Hopetoun and Beulah, is an award winning small health service with a focus on Improving local health outcomes.
We currently have a rewarding opportunity available for an experienced Registered Nurse.
Pain Management Nurse Champion
Part Time / Negotiable Hours
Rural Northwest Health (RNH) has received a grant from the Nurses Board of Victoria Legacy Limited (NBVLL) to implement a nurse-led intervention that will focus on improving pain management for older people receiving care and support services in residential aged care (RAC), acute care, or community care services, through upskilling the RNH direct care workforce. A key role in this project is a Pain Management Nurse Champion.
The Pain Management Nurse Champion will support ongoing pain management education and training and the ongoing introduction of PainChek into clinical practice, and assist with data collection as part of this project.
The successful candidate will have:
• Registered Nurse with current registration with Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) –
• Ability to liaise and consult with a range of internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent interpersonal skills and can work collaboratively with a wide range of people as well as independently.
• Experience working with older people
None essential / preferred experience:
• An understanding or experience with the Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI) and iCare.
• Experience working across a range of care settings: Residential Aged Care, Acute and Community
• Experience in education, project management or research
What we can offer you-
• Ongoing support and personal and professional development opportunities
• Generous salary packaging benefits
• Employee Assistance Program
• A friendly and supportive team environment
If you would like further information about this role and working at RNH please contact-
Marita Chisholm |Innovation & Projects Manager Older Persons Health
E: firstname.lastname@example.org or T: 5396 1200
Applications should include a cover letter and a current resume and should be forwarded to email@example.com by 12th March 2021.