Rural Northwest Health is an award winning small health service
with a focus on improving local health outcomes.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available
Grade 1 or 2
Part time – Full time
Rural Northwest Health is rural health service that is committed to achieving optimal health and wellbeing outcomes for all residing in the Wimmera Mallee community. We believe that our consumers are entitled to quality health care that respects their dignity, beliefs and rights regardless of their cultural, spiritual or socio-economic background.
We are looking for a talented Occupational Therapist to assess, plan and direct specific therapeutic supports for our consumers across our Community Health and Clinical Care areas. This role will require you to use your clinical skills to assist consumer’s to maximise their occupational performance in personal care, domestic activities of daily living, social, leisure, community and work environments.
Your diverse caseload spans across community based consumers, acute inpatients and consumers of the aged care facility. Service is provided across the life span and may include the assessment and treatment of paediatric consumers where appropriate. Service is also provided to consumers under a range of funding sources including NDIS, DVA, TAC and Worksafe.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current AHPRA Registration
- An awareness of current occupational therapy issues and standards
- Demonstrated ability to provide assessment and clinical treatment of referred consumers to achieve agreed goals and outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to work with a mixed caseload and an understanding of the process of consultation and referral to regional agencies
- Excellent time management, communication and organisation skills
- Ability to prescribe and arrange the supply of specialised equipment as required
- Demonstrated effective report writing and skills
- Commitment to working effectively in the interdisciplinary health team
- Commitment to and willingness to participate in continuing training and education related to area of employment
- Understanding of the challenges within a small rural community
What we can offer you:
- Work alongside a team of fellow Allied Health professionals
- A wealth of personal and professional development opportunities
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- A friendly, supportive and forward thinking team environment
For more information and position description please go to the RNH website or alternatively please contact: Elysia Preston, Executive Manager Community Health, T: 5396 1301
Applications, including updated resume and cover letter should be forwarded to email@example.com by no later than Friday 21st May 2021
Rural Northwest Health is an equal opportunity employer and supports access, safety and inclusion of our team members employed or seeking employment.APPLY NOW