Rural Northwest Health is an award winning small health service with a focus on improving local health outcomes.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a
Nurse Unit Manager
Rural Northwest Health employs 290 team members across the campuses of Warracknabeal, Beulah and Hopetoun. The organisation has a total of 84 residential aged care (RAC) beds. Hopetoun has 24 beds in total and Yarriambiack has 60 beds, including 15 beds in the award-winning memory support unit, 16 acute beds. All three centres have a broad range of community health services keeping our community well at home. The population of the communities served by Rural Northwest Health is about 5000 people within the Yarriambiack Shire.
We are seeking an experienced and dedicated Nurse Unit Manager to lead our Hopetoun Urgent Care Centre, Acute and Aged Care Units. This diverse role requires a confident leader who will lead by example to achieve results through collaboration and deliver high quality, evidence based clinical and consumer care centered care.
The successful candidate will have –
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- A solid understanding of ACFI, the Aged Care Quality & Safety Standards and the Safe Patient Care Act
- Experience in managing rosters and workforce needs utilising software to manage schedules & leave requests
- Relevant post graduate training/education in Aged Care or Acute Medical Nursing and/or Leadership & Management or plans to undertake.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders
In return we offer:
- Potential Job Sharing opportunity available based on a successfully tried and tested model
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Support with professional development
- A friendly and supportive team environment
- Potential Accommodation Support and Travel Allowances if applicable
If you would like further information about this role & to review the PD:
All Applications should include a cover letter and a current resume and should be forwarded to email@example.com by 16th April 2021
Rural Northwest Health is an equal opportunity employer and supports access, safety and inclusion of our team members employed or seeking employmentAPPLY NOW