Rural Northwest Health is an award winning small health service with a focus on improving local health outcomes.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a
Nurse Unit Manager – Acute
Job Share Arrangement
Rural Northwest Health has 12 acute beds and provides acute medical, palliative care and Urgent Care services. The unit also provides a 24 hour, seven days per week after hours on call service to the local community which is supported by GP’s and a Nurse Practitioner.
We are seeking an experienced and dedicated Nurse Unit Manager to help lead our Health Care team within our Acute department. This diverse role requires a confident leader who will lead by example to achieve results through collaboration and deliver high quality, evidence based clinical and consumer care centered care.
As a job share, this role will see you collaborate with a fellow experienced NUM in order to drive the operational effectiveness of the designated unit.
The successful candidate will have –
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- A solid understanding of key guidelines and frameworks relevant to the role, including but not limited to Safe Patient Care Act, Code Grey requirements, National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards
- Experience in managing rosters and workforce needs utilising software to manage schedules & leave requests
- Relevant post graduate training/education in Acute Medical Nursing and/or Leadership & Management or plans to undertake
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders
In return we offer:
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Support with professional development
- A friendly, flexible and supportive team environment
- Potential Accommodation Support and Travel Allowances if applicable
If you would like further information about this role & to review the PD:
Visit our website: https://rnh.net.au/your-opportunities/employment/
All Applications should include a cover letter and a current resume and should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd April 2021APPLY NOW