Rural Northwest Health – is an award winning small health service with a focus on improving local health outcomes.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a
Movement Disorder Nurse
(Until June 30 2023 / Job Share Negotiable)
The Movement Disorder Nurse is responsible for coordinating and collaboration of multiple service providers delivering support and care for people living in our community with movement limiting conditions.
The Movement Disorder Nurse (MDN) will be required to undertake specific professional development to build knowledge and clinical knowledge in the range of complex Movement Disorders. The MDN will be responsible for providing expert nursing advice in the assessment and holistic management of care for people with movement disorders including but not limited to Parkinson’s disease.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Minimum of three years clinical experience with a current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in assisting clients and their families to self-manage chronic health conditions
- Well-developed understanding of an evidence-based approach to person-centred care
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of service delivery across the health care continuum
- A passion for improving the lives of people with movement disorders in rural areas
For a detailed discussion about the role contact Jo Martin, Executive Manager Community Health on 03 5396 1200
Applications, including a cover letter and addressing the key selection criteria should be forwarded to email@example.com by 18th January 2021APPLY NOW