Rural Northwest Health – is an award winning small health service with a focus on improving local health outcomes.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a diligent
Health and Safety Officer
24 hours per week
Flexible work arrangements can be negotiated
The Health and Safety (H&S) Officer is required to take leadership of the Work Health and Safety programs at Rural Northwest Health ensuring safety and regulatory compliance and to develop a robust culture of safety in the workplace.
The H&S Officer has a sound understanding of OHS legislation, codes of practice, regulations and best practice and will guide and implement policy and procedure development, workplace incident response and H&S training. The role is responsible for undertaking health and safety assessments, overseeing audits, working with the H&S reps and supporting the effective operation of the H&S committee meetings and H&S management systems.
- A comprehensive knowledge of current health and safety legislation.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively in different team environments.
- The ability to influence and negotiate outcomes, and drive change to create a strong health and safety culture.
- Sound knowledge of Emergency Management Procedures (or genuine interest and capacity to develop further knowledge in this area).
What we can offer you-
- Ongoing support and professional development opportunities
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- A friendly and supportive team environment
For more information about this position and working at Rural Northwest Health please talk to-
Executive Manager People and Culture
T: 5396 1274
Applications including a cover letter and current resume should be forwarded to email@example.com by 22nd March 2020.
Rural Northwest Health is an equal opportunity employer and supports access, safety and inclusion of our team members employed or seeking employment.APPLY NOW