Rural Northwest Health is an award winning small health service with a focus on improving local health outcomes.
We are currently seeking Expressions of Interest to help cover a period of long service leave.
Part time 0.6 EFT
9wks commencing 5th July 2021
The Diabetes Educator provides evidence based care and education to clients across all settings of Rural Northwest Health. The Diabetes Educator contributes to the development of care plans with the client, their treating doctor and other members of the health care team.
The Diabetes Educator will support clients to improve their own expertise in managing their health, make appropriate referrals to other allied health professionals and provide education within the local community.
The successful Candidate will offer:
- Current registration with relevant professional body (AHPRA, ESSA, Dietitians Australia)
- Nationally recognised qualification in Diabetes Education
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding of and experience in Diabetes Education and Health Care.
- Demonstrated competence in delivering health services that ensures clients and residents are safe.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including computer skills
- Ability to work as part of an inter-disciplinary team.
- Excellent time management skills, and ability to prioritise in a flexible and adaptable way.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement and evidenced based practice.
- Understanding of living and working within small rural community.
To review the position description and learn more about our organisation please visit our website: https://rnh.net.au/your-opportunities/employment/
For further information about the role please contact Elysia Preston – Executive Manager, Community Health – T: 5396 1200
To apply please send in an up-to-date resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 18th June 2021APPLY NOW